Saturday 25 June 2011

Swifts, Swallow and Martins

I have been trying to get better shots of Swifts, Swallows and Martins in early morning sessions so here a selection from "many" of the shots that I have taken and practically the same amount deleted.  I think the following shot of the Swift is quite good.


This shot of a Swallow, whilst technically bloody awful, has a nice feel about it


A Sand Martin  coasting along at a slightly slower speed than the Swifts and Swallows.


This Swallow is a bit sharper as it was coming into land on a wire fence.


and this is where it alighted swiftly followed by 2 of its mates



This Swallow was very low and I was a bit higher up on the bank of a pond enabling me to get a better pic.


Not brilliant but I seem to be getting a bit better anticipating likely shots.

5 comments:

Phil said...

That swift picture is amazing!

Unknown said...

Well done those are good shots given the speed they move at. There's a nice Sand Martin colony down on the north end of Marsden Beach .

Anonymous said...

Pic #3 is a House Martin (not Sand ;-)

Johnnykinson said...

I like the last shot the best John. Nice angle viewed and the tail streamers are brill.
Very nice indeed. I was standing by the Holywell East Pool in fantastic light early on Friday getting very frustrated trying to capture Swifts. (again) that was before my calf muscle pinged.

HowdonBlogger said...

Thanks for the comments guys and the ID correction.

John