Tuesday 31 January 2012

Too Busy To Do A Full Blog

Saturday and Sunday I had my usual visits to Big Waters for the major part of the day with a trip to Gosforth Park Feeding Station post Big W on Saturday and Newbiggin on Sunday for an hour, adding Black Redstart to my year list, before shooting off to Big  W for a wander round with Alan, Ian and Keith.

I am quite backed up with admin chores around the house at the moment and doing lots of little jobs I have been putting off for a rainy day (its bloody bucketing now) so you wont have one of my diatribes to read (if you bother of course).  So here is a few pics from the weekend in no particular order.


One of a 140+ Greylags at Big Waters on Saturday


Reed Bunting pic with a bit of artistic flamboyance after playing with the settings


Partly frozen Big Waters but still plenty of birds around


Gorgeous looking Nuthatch at Gosforth Park


Med Gull at Newbiggin (7 on the beach)

1 comment:

Yellowbelly in Exile said...

Yesterday morning, at about 07:40am, I was travelling south on the A1 and seven swans flew over from Big Waters' direction.

I was concentrating on the traffic, so only a fleeting view. But they looked slim and Whooperish - what do you think?

Andrew