Saturday 12 May 2012

Visit to Teeside

Saturday morning and off to Hartlepool to search for the little blue spot but after 90mins I gave up the ghost and headed to North Gare.  At North Gare the first thing I saw was 4 Whimbrel taking off as I pulled in.


They eventually returned and I sat watching them from the car for quite a while



Also on show was a male Whinchat which was well away from the road, a pair of Yellow Wagtails and a female Wheatear.  Several Skylarks were calling from high and a few Meadow Pipits popped up.




Moving on to Cowpen Bewley, spending nearly 3hrs there watching and listening to the Nightingale and wandering around.  Also spotted a Lesser Whitethroat and several Whitethroats.  The pics of the Nightingale were extremely had to get as it stayed deep in the several bushes, but I eventually got a couple (sort of)



Finally at Cowpen Bewley my first Large Red Damselfly of the year


Dropped into the Phil Stead Hide at Saltholme where there was Drake Gargeny, 2 Avocets, Little Egret and a Fox boldly walking across the reserve with a dead bird in its mouth


1 comment:

Johnnykinson said...

You did almost everything i did yesterday.......SPOOKY.
Nice Damsel image, it was a bit caaaad last night for one while i was there. I noticed that they had fenced off some off the ponds there.