Saturday 9 March 2013

Down The Fish Quay

Even with the awful weather this morning John and myself struggled out to go and find something to write about.  Sitting on top of the Tyne by the Highlights (thats not John's new hairstyle) we quickly got on to a Glaucous Gull so rushing down down to the Fish Quay being careful not to spill our Lattes we managed to get a couple of shots.

Record shot in case we didn't reach the Fish Quay quick enough.

We eventually got down to the Fish Quay, had to sponge myself down a bit to get rid of the excess Latte that was now dribbling down my beard, then out of the car like greased lightning.  Got a couple of shots off then there was pandemonium on the shed roof as one bird went for another and a few more joined in (bit like the Big Market at the weekend) and when everything had quietened down our Gull had vanished.  

So only a slightly better shot was obtained

The other thing we noticed from on top was the number of Eiders that had come into the Quay area.  They were split into 2 Rafts of 28 and 18 but later on we noticed a few individuals in the Harbour when we got down to the Fish Quay.


Well I'm a bit tired now so am gonna have some supper then hit the sack so will finish off EPIC TALE the rest of the mornings jaunt later on

4 comments:

Johnnykinson said...

Now then, now then.
It's called the High Lights not highlights ( like the grey in your Latte smattered beard) and i can NEVER EVER remember you moving like greased lightening ANY time we've been out birding !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HowdonBlogger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HowdonBlogger said...

Dear Mr Pedanticism,

I note that you always select me for my obliteration of the English language and never others who don't bother to use upper case I in their text, add question marks on instructions, forgetting commas etc etc, although it would be hard for one to comment on ones' own work, so I (not i) will cease to pursue this tit for tat retaliation and promise not to mention your "highlights" (you use the bastardised form when promoting irony) again, which you obviously learned to put in at your fathers knee (this is irony again). Now that is ironic, North Shields folk leading the fashion trend in Hair Fashion Couture in the 70s styled by their own born and bred stylist "Monsieur Kinson".

Whoops, I have left my Verbal Diarrhoea Button on far too long. Time to go birding.

John

ps. I deleted my first post as I had in one case only used 1 space after a full stop, not two (sorry, the Verbal Diarrhoea Button slipped on again)

Johnnykinson said...

Dear Lightning,
I was not commenting on your grammar i was pointing out the name of the Hight Lights........as opposed to the Low Lights which are lower down. There is a clue in the names.