Monday 9 September 2013

Nice Little Rump!

Nipped up to East Chevington on Saturday to see if I could get some decent views of the White-rumped Sandpiper as the last and only one I saw was a dot in the Saltholme area.  Sure enough great views through the scope and also a bonus of 3 Curlew Sandpipers, Little Stint and the Spotted Crake putting in a couple of fleeting appearances.  To save boring you with loads of photographs I have done an all in one picture.  I assure your the White-rumped and the Curlew Sandpipers are in this picture along with the Little Stint and possibly the Black Tern which I nipped back to see a bit later but didn't see on my first visit

A little bit of a closer view of some of them

Also dropped into Druridge where it was quite quiet although I did get a couple of snaps which I quite like


A Sparrowhawk was pursued across the pond by a Crow thought it
was something else at first but was soon put right by the 
"Howdon Blogger's What Do You Think of this Picture Scrutineers Committee"


No comments: