Wednesday 21 May 2014

Around the Derwent Reservoir (Again)

I was down in the Derwent Reservoir a couple of days ago with Carole and did a bit of videoing.  
Here are the results

 and a couple of pictures

How to identify a Tree Pipit 101
Note the smallness of the rear claw compared to Meadow Pipit
(Thanks AJ)

We then moved on to some very accommodating Common Sandpipers who
were calling for England at one stage

Once again a couple of stills to go with the action



Decent views of the bird I go to see there still escape me but here is a video of it gracefully
soaring around in the distance





Finally a few odds and sods which I encountered around Derwent Reservoir and on the Moors



 ?????????? Escapee from local smallholding 
Added to my "Exotica List" as Wild Chicken with Barbara Windsor Bun on Head
 Big AAAAHHHHsss from Carole


Had loads more to post but you will no doubt be getting bored by now if you have even reached this point - So its 04:12 and I am off to Howdon Wetlands to see what Sunrise looks like

ps.  Hi and thanks to The Reservoir Birder

No comments: