Thursday 17 December 2009

Quick Run Out

Had an hour or so to spare between shopping and getting ready to go away so went for a quick run along the coast, started off at St Marys where there was quite a few birds on the Wetlands. About 10 Teal, several Mallard, couple of widgeon, Redshank and lots of Lapwings dropping in and out.



Drove round to the Car Park but just sat in the car as it was a bit wild to say the least and watched the Lapwings battle against the wind. No Gulls were flying and the place was absolutely devoid of Starlings apart from a lone one sitting on top of the parking payment machine.
Moved along to Tynemouth Park and was surprised to see a couple of Tufted Ducks and a few Sygnets hanging around where the public normally feed them, although I was the only stupid member of the public around. Although I must take my hat off to the council employee who looked like he was tidying up around the bushes and pruning, if it had been me I would have been sitting in the back of the van with a cuppa reading the paper.



Most surprising of all was the presence of a Barnacle Goose which also came over towards me when I walked around which was most strange.


Finally there were several Jackdaws settling in the Gully which is at the back of the path and they didnt move when I walked past them, actually ran past as the wind whipped my hat off and had to chase it.









2 comments:

sdhc said...

Oh wow all the birds are so beautiful!I just love this place!Awesome pics!Really like this all.Great job!I will keep visiting for more photos.Keep up posting.

microdermabrasion said...

The existing pictures of this post are really looking just magnificent and incredible. And the existing content and features of this post really makes me crazy about it. Thanks for sharing some authentic thing.