Wednesday 10 November 2010

More Waxwings

It was just too much too bear, the sun was up, not much of a wind, fancied a chat, so as I was passing I took a right at the roundabout with my Satnav shouting "Turn Around When Possible" and off to Woodhorn Motors I went.  Well it was those Waxwings again, just like last year, if they were there you just kept going to see if the better conditions could improve your pictures.   I know they are much the same but I like them nearly as much as I like taking pics of Blue Tits and Dunnocks






The one above I took early in the morning with the flash on as I was "passing" the police station on my way to get a cup of coffee before going to Cresswell




6 comments:

PaulVee said...

Waxwings, waxwings and waxwings, are'nt they fantastic and with the light the way it has been, they make fantastic images and yours jon, really do them justice

jeph

Phil said...

I haven't seen one yet this year and I've been checking out everything that has berris on locally - try to scare some down in this direction! Superb pictures...

Citybirding said...

Super pics John.

HowdonBlogger said...

Thanks a lot guys, I thought a lot of people would be fed up of pictures of them now

John

Brian R said...

Oh im sick of all the photos of waxwings around at the moment. (Only jealous to be honest)

HowdonBlogger said...

Brian,

a bit like I'm sick of all the pics of the Squacco but only because I have to be at work during the hours of daylight, I wont get a chance till Saturday (if its still "sunning" itself on the carribean like banksides of the river at Morpeth to see this remarkable bird

John