Saturday 13 April 2013

Off To Durham

After a quick trip up to Big Waters early morning I headed off to Elba Park hoping to see the Little Bunting.  Parking as far away as possible from where it was located because I needed a bit of exercise (Yeah really) I eventually walked along the winding paths listening to and watching unbelievable amounts of Skylarks and picking up my first Willow Warbler of the year.   After a 20min walk I arrived at the suspected location of the Bunting (bit difficult to miss)


The Bunting put in an appearance as I arrived and continued to move around for the next hour or so giving some nice views and I suspect the boys with the big cannons got some pretty good pics.  My records shots were good enough for me but if you want to see some decent ones check John M's Blog


Bumped into several well known North of the Tyne guys, including LiverBirder, Cain S, Eric G, Sometimes, Phil and a chap called Paul who had twitched the Bunting all the way from Essex.  He also picked up a Little Ringed Plover there also.





No comments: