Monday 11 February 2013

Bloody Photographers (or so I wrongly thought)

Heading out for lunch today with Carole and popped down to Wallsend Burn to show her the Mandarin that has been there for a while.  On arrival I knew it was close to the car park because I could see a Big Lens pointing at the poor little Mandarin from a very short distance.  Typical bloody photographer I thought no thought for the bird then I recognised him and thought to myself now he is a canny lad so whats going on.  I started to talk to him from about 10m away but he kept moving away from the Mandarin as it kept going towards the camera and in some instances was down to less than a metre away.  Moral of the story is don't jump to conclusions when it looks as if man with big lens is harassing small bird when its actually a smart bird  harassing a guy with a "big lens" (I know cos I once was that man with the big lens).



1 comment:

Johnnykinson said...

I thought the morale of the story was.....don,t go down to Wallsend Burn looking for the Mandarin Duck with a lens more than 300mm in length as you will get too close and not be able to focus on that Mandarin Duck and come away from Wallsend Burn without a photograph having travelled from whereever you had come from and wasted money putting petrol in your tank........or did i miss something ?????