Saturday 1 June 2013

Last Weekend at Harthope

Haven't had a chance to post a couple of pictures from the visit of John A and I to Harthope Valley so here is a few, apologies for a one similar to John's but I liked it.

Saw at least 3 pairs of Grey Wagtails

John found this eggshell lying on the ground, I think it belonged to a Song Thrush
(But I have been know to be wrong)

Couldn't hear any music so was a bit puzzled as to why he was dancing!

Then I realised that after a session on Sentry Duty (I am speaking from experience)
One just needs to let your hair down for a few minutes

Several Spotted Flycatchers around

A little bundle of colour

Only a fleeting glance of a Winchat though

Then the Star Bird of the Day




Great Day, Great Weather, Great Company

and finally on the way home we passed a flash which contained Oystercatchers, Redshank, Lapwings and Pied Wagtail.


No comments: