Saturday 28 February 2015

13 White-fronted Geese

The 13 White-fronted Geese were still at Big Waters this week, lets hope they are still there on Sunday which will mean a monthly patch tick.  Here are a few more pictures and a short video of them:





I have just bought an SJCam4000 with the intention of using it like a trail camera in the garden and tested it out last week.  Here are a couple of videos which I took in the garden using the Motion Detection Mode.  The battery lasted for 90mins from full charge which was better than expected (I bought a spare battery + charger for less than £6 incl p&p).   



I will next be attempting to use it underwater (I can see you all laughing now as I ease my sylph-like body into a wetsuit, which I used to be able to do a couple few years ago) but it will be just a placed camera for a short time.  It is supposed to be waterproof down to 100ft, have tested it in the sink for a couple of hours and it worked perfectly.

No comments: