Sunday 1 March 2015

28 Feb - Howdon Wetlands

Saturday I headed down to Howdon Wetlands for the High Tide hoping it would be productive.  There was plenty there, Teal, Shelduck, Curlews, lots of Gulls, Grey Herons, plenty of Stock Doves but no Redshank although they were probably down in the mud flats.  Also a couple of Black-tailed Godwits were in amongst the Curlew. Colin J appeared just at High Tide also and we spent an hour in the hide although nothing spectacular it is just seriously pleasurable to sit and watch knowing you are not going to be disturbed with always the chance of something special dropping in.

 


 

I topped up the feeders when I arrived and added a few Fat Balls then left my SJCam4000 on motion detection whilst I went to the hide and had 71mins video when I returned so I just took a minuter or so from random files and this is what I got.  Plenty of Great and Blue Tits, a few Chaffinches, up to a dozen Greenfinches, Wrens, Blackbirds, a couple of Jays and a couple of pairs of Bullfinches.



Finally, in the morning whilst filling up the Garden feeders a Sparrowhawk buzzed the garden, I grabbed my camera but was too late but about 5 secs later a Kestrel flew over also, a Garden Tick first. 


No comments: